I previously had the codes up for translating English blogs into other popular languages but I received so many emails asking how to translate from another foreign language to English, say, Japanese to English.
We just need to edit a bit of the codes as provided on the translation widget available for download on this page.
Notice in the document containing the codes the highlighted words in bold as shown below.
<a href=”http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=en|ja&u=https://fairchildonrage.wordpress.com/” title=”Japanese“><img border=”0″ style=”cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;” width=”24″ alt=”Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA” src=”http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Flag_of_Japan.svg/800px-Flag_of_Japan.svgxx.png” height=”18″ title=”Translate English to Japanese BETA“/></a>
1. Interchange the following: en/ja to ja/en (en = English /// ja= Japanese)
2. Rename the title “Japanese” into “English“
3. Rename “Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA” into “Google-Translate-Japanese BETA to English”
4. Replace the Japanese flaglet’s URL to that of the UK or American flag, say, http://UK/US.flag.jpg
5. Finally edit “Translate English to Japanese BETA” into “Translate Japanese BETA to English“
6. Make use of the text widget on your dashboards to display on your sidebars and you’re done!
For other legends: (just for the languages I’ve used in this widget)
ar = Arabic ///zh-CN =Chinese Simplified /// bg = Bulgarian /// zh-TW = Chinese Traditional /// hr = Croatian ///cs = Czech /// da = Danish /// nl = Dutch /// fi = Finnish /// fr = French /// de = German /// el = Greek /// hi = Hindi /// it = Italian ///ko = Korean /// no = Norwegian /// po = Polish /// pt = Portuguese /// ro = Romanian /// ru = Russian /// es = Spanish /// sv = Swedish
Have fun tweaking the codes!